Sticky, Teriyaki Tofu Made With Maple Syrup
Serve this teriyaki tofu with brown rice, noodles, cracked wheat, or quinoa.
PREP TIME 6 mins
COOK TIME 16 mins
TOTAL TIME 22 mins
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Air fryer, frying pan or oven
- 400 g block hard tofu It’s best to try and always buy organic when it comes to tofu to avoid GMO products.
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp soy or tamari sauce
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 heaped tbsp cornflour
- Line an air fryer tray with tin foil and turn it slightly upwards at the edges so that your sauce stays inside. If you’re using your oven then line a baking sheet instead.
- Cut your tofu in roughly 16-24 pieces and lay flat on the tin foil.
- In a small bowl mix your cornflour with a little of the water to form a paste. Then mix in the rest of the teriyaki sauce ingredients and pour over your tofu pieces until well covered. If lots of the sauce runs off the edges then spoon it up and cover the tofu again. Don’t worry if sauce pools into the tin foil because you will be basting again half way through.
- Put into your air fryer at 185 F. Alternatively you can use your oven by lining a baking sheet with tin foil OR fry in your frying pan by adding the tofu first and drizzling the teriyaki sauce on, then fry gently.
- However you choose to cook your tofu, it’s a good idea to turn and baste halfway througt so the other side can cook properly.