Vegan Banana PuddingPinterest
- 2 (7.25 ounces) bags vegan vanilla wafer cookies (check for dairy-free options)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or other plant-based milk
- 1 (5.1-ounce) box of vegan instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed coconut milk (or another dairy-free alternative)
- 1 (8-ounce) package vegan cream cheese
- 1 (12-ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping (such as coconut-based or almond-based), thawed
- 6-8 medium bananas (sliced ½” thick)
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare the vegan vanilla pudding mix by combining the plant-based milk with the pudding mix. Follow the package instructions, usually whisking for about 2 minutes. Let it set for a few minutes until it thickens.
- In a separate bowl, mix the vegan cream cheese with the sweetened condensed coconut milk until it’s smooth and well combined.
- Gently fold the non-dairy whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. This will create a creamy, airy filling for the pudding.
- In a large serving dish or individual serving cups, start by placing a layer of vegan vanilla wafer cookies at the bottom.
- Add a layer of sliced bananas on top of the cookies.
- Spread a portion of the creamy vegan cream cheese mixture over the bananas.
- Repeat the layers: cookies, bananas, cream cheese mixture, until all the ingredients are used. The final layer should be the cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate the vegan banana pudding for a few hours to allow the flavors to meld and the cookies to soften.
- Before serving, you can garnish with additional banana slices or crushed vegan vanilla wafers.