Crush this awesome Smoked Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Maple Glaze right now for summer. The perfect backyard smoking cook for the family!
PREP TIME:20MINUTES MINUTES
COOK TIME:2HOURS HOURS
TOTAL TIME:2HOURS HOURS 20MINUTES MINUTES
- ▢2 Pork Tenderloins trimmed
- ▢2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ▢2 lbs Bacon
- ▢¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ▢1 tbsp Sea Salt
- ▢1 tbsp Black Pepper
- ▢½ tbsp Garlic Powder
- ▢½ tbsp Onion Powder
- ▢½ tbsp Smoked Paprika
- ▢½ tbsp Brown Sugar
- Trim your pork tenderloins of any excess fat or silver skin.
- Lather them down with dijon mustard.
- In a bowl, mix the seasoning then cover the outside of the pork loins with seasoning.
- Set in the fridge to rest for 15 minutes.
- Next, create a bacon weave. Start by setting down a strip of parchment.
- Next, layer 7-8 bacon strips down parallel to each other.
- Next at the end of the bacon strips, weave a single bacon slice perpendicular to the other slices with every other slice laying on top and every other slice going underneath the strip. Continue this until you have a full weave that will cover your pork loin.
- Place your pork loin at one end of the bacon weave, and by using the parchment roll begin to wrap the bacon in the weave. Make sure to only start with the parchment, and not continue as it will become intertwined in the weave.
- Once done, truss the bacon wrapped pork loin with butcher twine in order to keep everything in place while it is one the grill.
- Once trussed, set the pork loins in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your smoker/indirect grill to 250F, and add cherry or hickory wood chunks/chips for additional smoke.
- Place your pork loin on the smoker to cook for about 2 hours or until it reaches 145F internal.
- When the pork loin is close to done, heat up your maple syrup and brush in on top of the pork loin.
- Keep on the smoker to caramelize for a couple of minutes.
- When pork loin is done, pull off and let rest for 8-9 minutes. Slice and serve!
Serving: 0.33Pork Tenderloin | Calories: 1408kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 145g | Fat: 82g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Monounsaturated Fat: 35g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 493mg | Sodium: 2538mg | Potassium: 2755mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 364IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 7mg