EASY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
1 head of cauliflower 2-3 tablespoons olive oil Salt and pepper to taste Optional seasonings (choose one or more):
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme (for extra flavor)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (for a cheesy version)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it with cooking spray.
- Rinse the cauliflower head and remove any green leaves. Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Make sure they are similar in size to ensure even cooking.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower florets with the olive oil. Toss them well to coat evenly. The oil will help the cauliflower become crispy during roasting.
- Season the cauliflower with salt and pepper. Add any optional seasonings of your choice. You can get creative with the seasonings to suit your taste.
- Spread the seasoned cauliflower florets in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Make sure they are not too crowded to allow proper roasting. If needed, use two baking sheets.
- Roast the cauliflower in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until it becomes tender and develops a golden-brown color. Be sure to toss or shake the pan once or twice during the roasting process to ensure even cooking.
- If you’re making a cheesy version, you can sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the cauliflower during the last 5-10 minutes of roasting. This will give it a nice, crispy, cheesy crust.
- Once the cauliflower is done, remove it from the oven and serve hot as a side dish. You can garnish it with fresh herbs if desired.
Roasted cauliflower is versatile and pairs well with various main dishes. Enjoy!