Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers for a fun, easy and impressive appetizer!
PREP TIME:30MINUTES MINUTES
COOK TIME:1HOUR HOUR
TOTAL TIME:1HOUR HOUR 30MINUTES MINUTES
- ▢1.5 lbs Jumbo Shrimp peeled w/tails
- ▢2.5 tbsp Big Bad BBQ Ale Or your favorite BBQ rub
- ▢Favorite BBQ Sauce for glazing
- ▢Canola Oil as needed
- ▢5-6 Fresh Jalapeños cored & seeded
- ▢20 oz Cream Cheese
- ▢1 cup Shredded Cheese
- ▢10-12 Bacon Strips
- Begin by mixing together the cream cheese, shredded cheese and bbq rub in one bowl.
- Next, take a jalapeno and slice it in half lengthwise. Using gloves or a utensil, scoop out all the filling and seeds from the inside of the jalapeno.
- Once cleaned, stuff the pepper with some of the cream cheese mixture.
- Next, slather your shrimp with oil and generously season with Big Bad BBQ Ale seasoning, or your favorite barbecue rub.
- Take one of the shrimp and place it on top of the cream cheese in the jalapeno with the tail sticking up.
- Wrap the shrimp in bacon and secure everything with a toothpick.
- Repeat this for all your jalapeno poppers, then set everything to the side until ready to cook.
- Preheat your smoker for indirect cooking at 250F. Add some wood chips or chunks for added smoke flavor.
- Add your jalapeno poppers to the smoker and cook until the bacon is fully done (about 30-45 minutes).
- About 10 minutes before pulling off, glaze the outside with your favorite bbq sauce and continue cooking.
- Once they are done, pull them out and let them cool for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!