POTATO GREEN CHILE TACOS
For the Potato Filling:
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles (choose a low-fat or no-added-sugar option)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Taco Assembly:
- Corn or whole wheat tortillas (choose a low-point option)
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Salsa (choose a low-point or homemade version)
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Lime wedges for serving
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until softened.
- Add the diced potatoes to the skillet and cook until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Stir in the diced green chiles, ground cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Warm the tortillas according to package instructions.
- Assemble the tacos by spooning the potato and green chile mixture onto each tortilla.
- Top the tacos with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, salsa, and chopped cilantro if desired.
- Serve the tacos with lime wedges on the side.
Feel free to customize the toppings based on your preferences and what fits within your point allocation. Using lean and low-point ingredients will help keep the overall points lower. Enjoy your delicious and Weight Watchers-friendly Potato Green Chile Tacos!