Indulge in the savory goodness of a Low Carb Chaffle Burger, a mouthwatering and guilt-free alternative to traditional burger buns. Combining the words “cheese” and “waffle,” chaffles are a popular low-carb trend, and when turned into buns, they create a delicious and satisfying base for your favorite burger toppings. Embrace the creativity of a plant-based burger or savor the classic taste of a beef patty – the versatility of this Low Carb Chaffle Burger is bound to delight your taste buds. Whether you’re following a low-carb lifestyle or simply want to enjoy a lighter version of your favorite burger, this recipe offers a wholesome and flavorful option that’s sure to please. Let’s dive into creating this tasty and nutritious Low Carb Chaffle Burger!
For the Chaffle Buns:
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or vegan mozzarella for a dairy-free version)
- 1 large egg (or a flax egg for a vegan option)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
The Burger Patties:
- 2 burger patties of your choice (beef, turkey, veggie, or plant-based patties)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (for cooking the patties)
For Assembling the Burger:
- Lettuce leaves or baby spinach
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onion
- Mustard and ketchup (or your favorite burger sauces)
For the Chaffle Buns:
- Preheat your waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a bowl, mix the shredded mozzarella cheese (or vegan mozzarella) with the egg (or flax egg) and baking powder until well combined.
- Once the waffle maker is hot, spray it with non-stick cooking spray or lightly grease it with oil.
- Spoon half of the chaffle batter onto the center of the waffle maker. Close the lid and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until the chaffle is golden and crisp.
- Carefully remove the chaffle from the waffle maker and set it aside. Repeat the process to make the second chaffle bun.
For the Burger Patties:
- Season the burger patties with salt and pepper to your taste.
- In a skillet or frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the burger patties according to your preference (medium, medium-well, etc.), turning them once to cook evenly on both sides. Cooking times may vary depending on the type and thickness of the patties.
Assembling the Low Carb Chaffle Burger:
- Lay one chaffle bun on a clean surface or plate.
- Place a burger patty on the chaffle bun.
- Layer lettuce leaves or baby spinach, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion, and pickles on top of the patty.
- Drizzle mustard and ketchup (or your preferred burger sauces) over the toppings.
- Top the burger with the second chaffle bun to complete your Low Carb Chaffle Burger.
Nutrition Facts per Serving (1 burger):
- Calories: 450
- Total Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 210mg
- Sodium: 825mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 45g