Keto Zucchini Bread with walnuts is a delicious and nutritious low-carb treat that’s perfect for those following a ketogenic diet or looking for a healthier alternative to traditional zucchini bread. This recipe combines the natural sweetness of zucchini with the crunch of walnuts to create a moist and flavorful bread that’s ideal for breakfast, snacks, or a guilt-free dessert. Plus, it’s keto-friendly and gluten-free, making it suitable for various dietary preferences. Let’s dive into the recipe.
Recipe: Keto Zucchini Bread with Walnuts
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium-sized zucchinis)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Optional: 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (check the carb count)
Preparing the Batter:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a standard-sized loaf pan or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Grate the zucchinis using a box grater or food processor. Place the grated zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out any excess moisture. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, granulated erythritol (or your chosen keto-friendly sweetener), ground cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Ensure the dry ingredients are well combined.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, then add the melted coconut oil, almond butter, and vanilla extract. Mix until the wet ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until a smooth batter forms.
- Gently fold the grated zucchini into the batter, along with the chopped walnuts and optional sugar-free chocolate chips if desired.
- Baking the Bread:
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, and the top of the bread is golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice your Keto Zucchini Bread with Walnuts into thick pieces and enjoy! It’s delicious on its own or spread with a bit of butter or almond butter.
- Nutrition Facts:
- (recipe makes about 12 servings):
- Calories: 163
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Sodium: 182mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 5g