Healthy Pepper Steak
Savor the amazing flavors of pepper steak with a healthy twist!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large pan.
- Add the peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Remove the peppers from the pan and place on a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. Season the flank steak with salt and pepper to taste.
- Increase heat to high. Add the steak to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and ginger, then cook for 30 seconds.
- Place the peppers back in the pan with the steak.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar substitute, 1/4 cup water, and cornstarch.
- Pour the sauce over the steak mixture and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has just thickened, then serve.
Enjoy this Healthy Pepper Steak, packed with all the flavors you love in a lighter version! SmartPoints may vary based on specific ingredients used.