Lightened-Up Cowboy Cookies
Enjoy the deliciousness of Cowboy Cookies with a healthier twist!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped almonds (instead of pecans)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, beating until blended.
- Incorporate the oats, whole wheat flour, and baking soda into the mixture, being careful not to over-mix.
- Gently stir in the sugar-free chocolate chips, unsweetened shredded coconut, and chopped almonds.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop 1 ½ tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on the pan before transferring them to an airtight container.
- Store at room temperature for up to 4-5 days.
- Opt for quick oats if you prefer a smoother texture.
- Use gluten-free one-on-one flour for a gluten-free version.
- Choose from semi-sweet, dark chocolate, or milk chocolate chips based on your preference.
- Feel free to add ½ cup of mini sugar-free M&Ms or other sugar-free candies if desired.
Enjoy these Lightened-Up Cowboy Cookies without compromising on taste! SmartPoints may vary based on specific ingredients used.