- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- Cooking spray (for the air fryer basket)
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare the Chicken Drumsticks: Pat the chicken drumsticks dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture. This helps in achieving a crispy skin. In a large bowl, coat the drumsticks with olive oil and season them with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried thyme. You can adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Spray the Air Fryer Basket: Lightly coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent the chicken from sticking to the basket.
- Air Fry the Chicken Drumsticks: Place the seasoned chicken drumsticks in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure not to overcrowd the basket, as this can affect the crispiness of the chicken. You may need to cook the drumsticks in batches if your air fryer is small.
- Cook the Chicken: Cook the drumsticks in the preheated air fryer at 400°F (200°C) for 25-30 minutes, turning them halfway through the cooking time. Cooking times may vary depending on the size of the drumsticks and your air fryer, so use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Serve: Once the chicken drumsticks are crispy and cooked through, remove them from the air fryer. Let them rest for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh herbs, and enjoy your air-fried chicken drumsticks!