- 1 1/2 cups Kodiak Cakes Chocolate Chip Power Cakes Mix
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup zero-calorie sweetener (like Stevia or Erythritol)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or any milk with lower SmartPoints)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (as a substitute for oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional, but adjust SmartPoints accordingly)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease it with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Kodiak Cakes mix, unsweetened cocoa powder, zero-calorie sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well to combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, unsweetened almond milk, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay. If you’re using mini chocolate chips, fold them into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Baking times may vary depending on your oven, so keep an eye on them.
- Once done, remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.