- 4 slices turkey bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (about half of one small onion)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken or turkey broth (low-sodium)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Cook the chopped turkey bacon until crisp, then remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Drain off all excess bacon grease except 1 tablespoon. Add the ground turkey and onion. Brown the meat and drain off any grease.
- Add the tomato paste, Dijon mustard, light cream cheese, broth, and spices. Stir until the cream cheese has melted and a sauce has formed.
- Reduce the heat to low and top with the cooked turkey bacon and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover the skillet and cook on low for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.