Weight Watchers-Friendly Red Velvet Cupcakes
For the wet ingredients:
- 1 cup Evaporated milk (Fresh milk can also be used) + 1 Tbsp Lemon juice or White Vinegar (set aside for at least 5 minutes)
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large Eggs (L)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce (as a healthier alternative to Canola oil)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Red food color (check for natural or low-calorie options)
- 1/2 cup warm water
Instructions for the wet ingredients:
- Mix the evaporated milk (or fresh milk with lemon juice/white vinegar), brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, applesauce, vanilla, red food color, and warm water. Set aside.
For the Dry ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (as a healthier alternative to All-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Instructions for the dry ingredients:
- Combine the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients batter. Stir well and let it rest for at least 5 minutes before baking.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Adjustments like using applesauce instead of oil and whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour can contribute to making this recipe more weight-watcher friendly.
Enjoy your guilt-free Red Velvet Cupcakes!