These low point Blueberry Lemon Scones are light and fluffy, and are packed with Protein. They make for a delicious treat, snack or dessert. This is delicius <3 <3
ervings: Makes 8 scones/ 3 Freestyle smart points per scone
PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME20 minutes
TOTAL TIME25 minutes
- 3/4 cup self rising flour ( I use Gold Medal)
- 1 scoop Devotion Nutrition of Angel Food Cake protein powder
- 2 Tbsp sugar substitute ( I use Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 Tbsp land o lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 3/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen, do not thaw)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9 inch round cake pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, protein powder, sugar substitute, and cinnamon.
- Place butter into the dry mixture and combine it with a pastry cutter, or a fork until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk, egg, and vanilla together. Drizzle it over the dry mixture and then toss the mixture together with a rubber spatulauntil combined.
- Slowly gently fold in the blueberries
- Do NOT OVERMIX
- Dough will be a little wet. Put batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Then cut into 8 evenly slices.
- To make the glaze, simply whisk all of the glaze ingredients together and drizzle lightly over scones right before serving.