Weight Watchers Recipes
Weight Watcher Chicken Orzo Soup with Lemon
this Chicken Orzo Soup with carrots, lemon and fennel was even better than expected. It’s light, fresh and flavorful and comes together in less than 30 minutes. This isvery delicius <3
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- ▢½ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- ▢¼ teaspoon black pepper (or more to taste)
- ▢2 medium uncooked carrots, sliced into thin rounds
- ▢1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced and then chopped
- ½ cup uncooked orzo pasta
- ▢1 cup chopped cooked skinless chicken breast
- ▢2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ▢2 tablespoons fresh dill (or more to taste)
- In a large soup pot, combine broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add carrots, fennel and orzo; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, with a lid partially covering the pot, until orzo and vegetables are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken; cook until heated through.
- Remove pot from heat; stir in lemon juice and dill. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt, pepper, dill, and/or lemon juice as necessary to suit your tastes.