These tasty nibbles are a picnic food favourite – and they’re slimming-friendly too… Let’s roll!
TOTAL TIME 24minutes mins
- makes 24
- ready in 45 mins
- ½ Syn each
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 150g lean pork mince (5% fat or less)
- 6 Slimming World Free Food Pork Sausages, thawed and skinned
- 1 small Cox’s apple, peeled, cored and finely diced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2 x 39g filo pastry sheets
low-calorie cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Put the onion, pork mince, sausagemeat, apple, sage and most of the beaten egg into a bowl. Season lightly, then mix well.
- Divide the mixture in half and shape into 2 long sausages – they should be as long as your sheets of filo pastry.
- Lay 1 sheet of filo pastry on a work surface and spray lightly with a little low-calorie cooking spray. Lay the other sheet on top. Cut in half lengthways to make 2 strips.
- Lay a long sausage down one side of each strip of pastry and brush the other long edge with the remaining beaten egg. Starting with the egg-free edge, roll up each sausage in the filo pastry, pressing the egg-brushed edge to make a good seal. Cut each long roll across into 12 equal-size pieces.
- Spray a non-stick baking sheet with a little low-calorie cooking spray and arrange the sausage rolls about 5cm apart. Spray the top of each sausage roll with a little more low-calorie cooking spray and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Serve hot.