This super-easy Paprika Chicken can be cooked in just one pot, which means there’s very little faffing around and hardly any washing up either. We’ve combined sweet and smoked paprika in this dish to give it a slightly smoky flavor, but if you only have one kind, you could also use 2 tablespoons of the same paprika instead. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes for a super hearty, comforting dinner.
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 40 mins
- Total Time 50 mins
- 12 chicken thighs/chicken breast
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100ml chicken stock, spiced with paprika
- 500g dried tagliatelle pasta
- fresh parsley to garnish
- non-calorie cooking oil spray
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 large onion, sliced
- 2tsp oregano(optional)
- 1 sliced lemon for flavor
- 75g Philadelphia light
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1tsp ginger, ground
- Preheat the oven to about 200 degrees gas level 6
- Grab an ovenproof dish and line it with aluminum foil then spray on some non-calorie cooking oil.
- line the bottom with your chopped white onions and sprinkle some of your cayenne pepper.
- In another bowl pour in your black pepper, lots of paprika, garlic, ginger and then marinate your chicken thighs with the mixture. The more paprika the better, after all, it is a paprika chicken meal.
- Place your marinated chicken thighs and douse with the remaining ginger and garlic mixture then layer with your tomato puree, basil, and a little more paprika.
- Spray on some cooking oil spray and set your timer to about one hour. Ensure you stay on the lookout after thirty minutes and turn the pieces for even browning.
meanwhile, cook your tagliatelle in some hot boiling water and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook for about five minutes or until ready.
- Strain off the excess tagliatelle water and pour it into another cooking pot. Reduce the heat to medium-low then add in your Philadelphia light together with oregano, salt, garlic powder(optional), smoked paprika, and finally, add the chicken stock to make a sauce.
- Cook until the sauce starts reducing.
- Take out your golden brown paprika chicken, add on some black pepper and your healthy food is ready to serve.
- Best served hot with some cold drink on the side and people will definitely come for an extra serving.
Amount Per Serving
- TOTAL FAT: 3g
- SATURATED FAT: 0g
- TRANS FAT: 0g
- UNSATURATED FAT: 1g
- CHOLESTEROL: 0mg
- SODIUM: 26mg
- CARBOHYDRATES: 3g
- FIBER: 0g
- SUGAR: 1g
- PROTEIN: 0g