- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs (or panko breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or egg whites (for dipping)
- Cooking spray or olive oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a shallow dish, combine the whole wheat breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create the breading mixture.
- In another shallow dish, place the egg substitute or egg whites.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg substitute (or egg whites) to coat it evenly.
- Then, dip the chicken into the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to adhere.
- Place the breaded chicken breasts on a baking sheet or in a baking dish that has been lightly coated with cooking spray or olive oil spray.
- Lightly spray the tops of the chicken breasts with cooking spray or olive oil spray. This will help them become crispy and golden when baked.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the breading is crispy and golden brown.
- Check the internal temperature of the chicken using a meat thermometer; it should reach 165°F (74°C) to ensure it’s fully cooked.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the Parmesan chicken with your choice of sides, such as steamed vegetables, a side salad, or whole wheat pasta for a complete WW-friendly meal.
Remember to calculate the SmartPoints value for this recipe based on the specific ingredients and quantities you use. Enjoy your WW Parmesan Chicken!