MEXICAN BEAN SALAD
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
additional time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 5 MINUTES
All my family loved it. It forms part of our stable diet. I have experimented using Mexican spices and it just as nice.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- Combine beans, bell peppers, corn, and red onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, and black pepper together in a small bowl. Season with chili powder and hot sauce.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and toss well. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Serve cold.
Yield8Serving Size1Amount Per ServingCalories252Total Fat14gSaturated Fat2gTrans Fat0gUnsaturated Fat12gCholesterol0mgSodium806mgCarbohydrates26gFiber6gSugar6gProtein7g