HOMEMADE BACON RANCH PASTA SALAD
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
This is a great dish that you can serve at picnics, buffets, potlucks or parties.
- 1 cup frozen Peas, thawed
- 1 Carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 Tomato, diced
- ½ pound Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound Bowtie pasta
- 1 packet Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 ½ cup Mayonnaise
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse, then set aside
2. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium high heat, when done, drain on paper towel and crumble when cooled
3. In a large bowl place the pasta, the diced and chopped vegetables and ¾ of the bacon
4. In a smaller bowl combine the mayonnaise with the packet of Ranch dressing mix and stir well to combine
5. Add the mayonnaise mix to the bowl with the pasta, vegetables and bacon
6. Stir to combine well
7. Top with the remaining bacon
8. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Can I use a different pasta?
You can use a different pasta if you would like to. Elbow macaroni, miniature shells, or even spaghetti would make good substitutions
Yield8Serving Size1Amount Per ServingCalories533Total Fat41gSaturated Fat8gTrans Fat0gUnsaturated Fat32gCholesterol46mgSodium1037mgCarbohydrates24gFiber2gSugar3gProtein15g