KETO INSTANT POT BEEF AND BROCCOLI. An easy low carb Chinese takeout favorite perfect for busy weeknights. To make this classic Chinese dish, best of all, instructions in the pressure cooker and slow cooker.
IF I HAVE ALLERGIES, CAN I SUBSTITUTE INGREDIENTS ?
Use gluten free tamari or coconut aminos instead of low sodium soy sauce
WHAT CAN I SERVE THIS WITH?
You can serve this with spiralized zoodles/cauliflower rice
Course Main Course
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless beef chuck roast/flank steak sliced thinly across the grain
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 1 tablespoon cold water
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced/grated ginger
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon erythritol/monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon red pepper chili flake
FOR THE INSTANT POT VERSION:
- With 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, pepper and salt, season beef . To the Instant Pot, add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and press the SAUTE button. Sear the beef for 1-2 minutes once the
- Instant Pot is hot until it gets brown (cook in batches as needed).Whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce in a medium bowl. Pour over beef.
- PRESS Cancel, then on HIGH, press MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK. To 4 minutes, set and with lid, cover . To SEAL, turn heating valve.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, place broccoli with 1/4 cup water. Until broccoli is tender, microwave 2 – 3 minutes . After the beef is cooked and there is a beeping to tell you it’s
- done, quick release the pressure of the Instant Pot .
Carefully open the lid. Whisk together xanthum or arrowroot starch with 1 tablespoon cold
- water to thicken the sauce, in a small bowl. Whisk into the Instant Pot. Press SAUTE.. Add the broccoli and cook until broccoli is hot and sauce has thickened.
- Adjust seasonings and with your favorite sides – cauliflower rice or zoodles, serve hot!
KETO INSTANT POT BEEF AND BROCCOLI
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 152mg | Sodium: 764mg | Potassium: 824mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 553IU | Vitamin C: 63mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg