Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Christmas Trees
For the Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1 cup powdered peanut butter (like PB2)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon light butter or peanut butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 6 oz sugar-free dark chocolate (or other low-point chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional, for smoothness)
- Crushed sugar-free candy canes or sprinkles (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together powdered peanut butter, water, powdered sugar substitute, melted light butter or peanut butter, and vanilla extract until a dough forms.
- Shape the peanut butter mixture into Christmas tree shapes. You can use a cookie cutter or mold to help with shaping.
- Place the shaped peanut butter trees on a parchment-lined tray and freeze for about 30 minutes to firm up.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the sugar-free dark chocolate and coconut oil (if using), stirring until smooth.
- Dip each frozen peanut butter tree into the melted chocolate, ensuring it is fully coated. Allow any excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place the chocolate-coated trees back on the parchment paper.
- Optional: Sprinkle crushed sugar-free candy canes or sprinkles on top of the chocolate coating before it hardens.
- Allow the chocolate coating to set by placing the trees in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Once the chocolate is set, remove the trees from the refrigerator and serve.
Remember to check the specific point values according to your Weight Watchers plan and adjust the recipe as needed based on your dietary preferences and requirements. Enjoy your Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Christmas Trees with lower points!