The Slimming World Diet cola chicken is one of our most popular dishes. Succulent chunks of chicken in a slightly sweet Syn free sauce – what’s not to love!
Total Time 55mins
Course: lunch, Main Course
Keyword: Slimming world
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 red 1 yellow and 1 green pepper, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 330 ml can diet cola
- 200 ml hot chicken stock
- 8 tbsp passata with onions and garlic
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tsp gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 200 g sugar snap peas
- Spray a large non-stick pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken, peppers and onion and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add the diet cola, stock, passata, tomato purée, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and herbs and stir well. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Add the sugar snap peas, stir and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the veg is tender.
Syns FREE Total Time: 55 minutes Serves: 4