Air Fryer Cheese Curds make a perfect snack! Each bite is gooey melted cheese on the inside, with a crispy breaded coating on the outside!
PREP TIME20minutes mins
COOK TIME6minutes mins
TOTAL TIME26minutes mins
- 1 Air Fryer
- 10 ounces cheese curds 2-5 ounce packages
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Add the flour to a small shallow bowl. In a small shallow second bowl, whisk the eggs. In a third small bowl, combine panko bread crumbs with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dip cheese curds in the flour, lightly shake off excess coating of flour, then dip into the eggs to coat cheese curds, and then finally dredge through the panko and seasonings.
- Lightly spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray. Then place the cheese curds in air fryer basket, in a single layer, without stacking or overlapping.
- To make sure you get a crispy coating, spritz the curds with olive oil spray-or avocado oil. (Any remaining coated curds that won’t fit in air fryer basket, place on a small baking sheet and keep in the refrigerator until ready to air fry.) Air fry at 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes, then turn curds and air fryer for an additional 3-4 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
If working in batches, place coated curds on a baking pan or rimmed baking sheet and keep refrigerated in between batches.
Make sure each piece is well coated with the bread crumb mixture so the cheese doesn’t melt through when air frying. You can even re-dip in the eggs and panko breadcrumbs to double coat.
Calories: 227kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 12gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 408mgPotassium: 62mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 81IUVitamin C: 0.004mgCalcium: 235mgIron: 1mg