Air Fryer Acorn Squash is a perfect recipe for delicious squash. Made with just a few ingredients, you will love this simple side dish!
PREP TIME5minutes mins
COOK TIME20minutes mins
TOTAL TIME25minutes mins
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 medium-sized acorn squash about 2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Optional: Drizzle with a touch of honey or maple syrup and chopped pecans
- To prepare the food basket, lightly spray the basket with cooking spray, or line basket with air fryer parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to mix together, then set aside. (If using pecans, add them to this mixture.)
- Rinse and pat dry the squash. Then, use a sharp knife and cut the squash in half lengthwise and use a sturdy spoon to remove the seeds.
- Once seeds are removed, spread the butter over the top of each slice of squash, and then place leftover butter slice in the center of the acorn. Top with the brown sugar mixture.
- Place the acorn halves in air fryer basket. Air Fry at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until fork tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Depending on your air fryer basket size, you may only be able to cook one squash piece at a time. I try to get small acorn squash to medium size squash for this air-fryer acorn squash recipe.
You should be able to fit both slices inside the basket. I love acorn squash because it has a sweeter taste than other varieties. The size and color don’t really matter – but if you can lean towards the smaller size, it will help them cook evenly when air fried.
Feel free to add more spices if you want to make a delicious side dish with a bolder flavor.
If necessary, you can cut a small strip off the bottom of each slice so they don’t rotate or tip over while cooking.
Calories: 117kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 1gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 151mgPotassium: 385mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 571IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 1mg