Indulge in a slice of wholesome and moist delight with our Zucchini Bread Recipe. This classic treat offers a unique twist by incorporating grated zucchini, adding both moisture and a hint of natural sweetness to the loaf. With warm cinnamon undertones and a delightful texture, this Zucchini Bread is a perfect way to embrace the abundance of summer zucchinis while satisfying your cravings for a delectable baked good. Whether enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack, or even as a dessert, this Zucchini Bread is a testament to the magic of baking with fresh and nutritious ingredients.
Zucchini Bread Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans), optional
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the granulated sugar, applesauce, vegetable oil or melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Mix well until the ingredients are combined.
- Gradually add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture. Mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Gently fold in the grated zucchini and chopped nuts (if using) into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the loaf from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Servings: Makes about 10 servings
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Per Serving:
- Calories: ~200
- Total Fat: ~9g
- Saturated Fat: ~1g
- Cholesterol: ~35mg
- Sodium: ~260mg
- Total Carbohydrates: ~28g
- Dietary Fiber: ~2g
- Sugars: ~15g
- Protein: ~4g