Weight Watchers Recipes
WW French Onion Chicken Lombardy
- 6 (4 oz.) chicken breasts, raw
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 Tbsp Land o’Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled & sliced
- 1 (10 oz.) can French onion soup ( I use Campbell’s)
- 1/2 cup fat free or light mozzarella (I use Market Pantry reduced fat mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet pan ( or cast iron grill skillet) melt butter and add sliced onions. Saute the onions in butter until softened and translucent.
- When onions become soft, place onions on a plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, spray the skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Season each chicken breast with paprika, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Place seasoned chicken breasts into prepared skillet.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium high, on both sides or until chicken breasts are golden brown.
- Add onions back into the skillet with the chicken breasts.
- Pour in the can of French onion soup. Simmer the chicken and onions in the soup for 2-3 minutes-this will allow the soup to caramelize the chicken.
- If using a cast iron skillet pan top each chicken breast with light mozzarella cheese. (otherwise-transfer chicken, onions, and sauce into an oven safe baking dish-and top with light mozzarella cheese.)
- Place skillet or baking dish in preheated oven.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
- In order to calculate the smart points on a recipe you have to enter the ingredients in manually (by ingredient) not by the nutritional information in the ww recipe builder-since this recipe contains zero point items the app doesn’t realize there is zero point items in the recipe and will calculate it based only off the nutritional info which is not accurate.
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder