Indulging in sweet treats doesn’t have to derail your weight loss journey, and these Weight Watchers-friendly chocolate glazed donuts are a testament to that. With a perfect balance of rich cocoa flavor and a guilt-free glaze, these delectable donuts will satisfy your cravings without compromising your commitment to a healthier lifestyle.
Ingredients: To craft these guilt-free delights, gather the following ingredients: 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1/3 cup non-fat Greek yogurt, 1/3 cup granulated sugar substitute, 1 large egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. For the chocolate glaze, you’ll need 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar substitute, 2-3 tablespoons almond milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Instructions: Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly greasing a donut pan. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients—flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, Greek yogurt, sugar substitute, egg, and vanilla extract. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry mixture until just combined. Be cautious not to overmix. Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan, filling each mold about 2/3 full. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean.
Chocolate Glaze: While the donuts are baking, whisk together the ingredients for the chocolate glaze in a small bowl until smooth. Once the donuts have cooled for a few minutes in the pan, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Dip the tops into the chocolate glaze, allowing excess to drip off, and place the glazed donuts back on the wire rack to set.
Health-Conscious Indulgence: These chocolate glazed donuts not only satisfy your sweet tooth but also align with your health and wellness goals. The use of unsweetened applesauce and non-fat Greek yogurt reduces the overall calorie and fat content while maintaining the moist and tender texture of the donuts. The sugar substitute keeps the sweetness intact without the added calories of traditional sugar, making these donuts a smart choice for those mindful of their sugar intake.
Versatile and Adaptable: Feel free to customize this recipe to suit your taste and dietary preferences. You can experiment with different sugar substitutes, such as Stevia or Monk Fruit, or add a handful of sugar-free chocolate chips to the batter for an extra burst of chocolatey goodness. Don’t forget to adjust the quantities based on the latest Weight Watchers point system to ensure that these delightful treats fit seamlessly into your meal plan.
Conclusion: With this meticulously crafted recipe, you can enjoy the luxurious taste of chocolate-glazed donuts without compromising your commitment to a healthy lifestyle. These Weight Watchers-friendly treats offer a perfect balance of flavors, ensuring you can savor each bite guilt-free. So, embrace the joy of baking and treat yourself to these decadent delights while staying true to your wellness goals.
WW-Chocolate glazed donuts
For the donuts:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (non-fat)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar substitute (like Stevia or Monk Fruit)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate glaze:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar substitute
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk (or any other milk of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a donut pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the applesauce, Greek yogurt, sugar substitute, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan, filling each mold about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean.
- While the donuts are baking, prepare the chocolate glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, powdered sugar substitute, almond milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the donuts are completely cooled, dip the tops into the chocolate glaze, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Place the glazed donuts back on the wire rack to set the glaze.