Sometimes, your dad buys a whole carton of blueberries and forgets to tell you about it. Sometimes, you just need to suck it up and get baking! Time for some Weight Watchers Lemon Blueberry Muffins.
All in all, these Weight Watchers Lemon Blueberry Muffins were just what I needed for a pick me up this week, and are so low in points that I’ve been having them as a breakfast side (to some omelettes, perhaps?) or as a dessert! Make sure you check out Drizzle Me Skinny for a TON more low point recipes. Honestly, she’s the queen of Weight Watchers desserts! Let me know if you give this recipe a try too! Enjoy
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup egg whites I use from the carton
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup milk I used 1%
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries smaller ones you can use fresh I would just try not to use large ones
- FOR THE SUGAR CRUMBLE
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2.5 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 Tbsp melted reduced fat margarine
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular 12 hole muffin pan with some cooking spray (I never use liners)
- In a bowl whisk together your egg, egg whites and brown sugar.
- Mix in your apple sauce, lemon juice, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in your flour, lemon zest, baking powder and soda and mix well.
- Gently fold in your blueberries, and divide batter over your 12 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl mix your flour and sugar together for your crumble topping, add in your melted margarine and use a fork mixing it to form a crumble, sprinkle over your 12 muffins.
- Bake in oven for 24 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from muffin tin, use a knife around the edges. Muffins best stored in fridge after day 1, they will freeze well. Makes 12 muffins at 3 personal points or 3 freestyle smart points each on all 3 MyWW programs (2 points plus)
- Nutritional info (not incl blueberries) Calories 84…Fat 1.4g…Sat fat 0.3g…Carbs 14.7g…Fiber 0.5g…Sugars 4.6g…Protein 2.8g