- 4 cups peeled and shredded russet potatoes (about 4 medium-sized potatoes)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray (or a small amount of oil for frying)
- Place the shredded potatoes in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded potatoes, grated onion, beaten eggs, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. If you’re using oil for frying, add a small amount to coat the surface.
- Drop spoonfuls of the potato mixture onto the hot skillet, spreading them out into thin pancakes.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the pancakes are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the pancakes from the skillet and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Repeat the process until all the potato mixture is used.
- Serve the German Potato Pancakes hot, and optionally, with a dollop of non-fat Greek yogurt or applesauce.
WW Points (per Serving):
For a typical serving size (2-3 pancakes), it’s approximately 4 WW points,