Weight Watchers Recipes
Weight Watcher Creamy Vegetable Soup
Creamy Vegetable Soup – An easy and quick to make delicious lighter creamy soup with mixed vegetables – perfect for lunch or dinner. This is delicius <3
Yield4Serving Size1 SERVINGAmount Per Serving Calories187Total Fat5.4g Saturated Fat3.3gTrans Fat0g Unsaturated Fat10g Cholesterol17.8mg Sodium527mg Carbohydrates23g Fiber5.2g Sugar12.6g Protein8.3g
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of salted butter (not margarine)
- ½ small red bell pepper, diced
- 750g (26.5oz) bag of frozen mixed veg (cauliflower, broccoli and carrots)
- 3 cups (720ml) of chicken or vegetable stock – see note!!
- 2 cups (480ml) of 2% milk (semi skimmed) – do not use skimmed
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch (cornflour) (or can use tapioca or arrowroot flour)
- Salt and black pepper to season
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley.
- Add the butter to a saucepan over a medium high heat.
- Add the onion and fry until really golden and softened.
- Add the garlic and red pepper and continue to fry for a minute.
- Add in the stock, milk and frozen veg, whisk the cornstarch with a little water to make a slurry, pour this into the soup.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer until the soup thickens and vegetables are tender (approx 5-8 minutes).
- Stir in the fresh parsley.
- Taste and season with salt and black pepper as needed.