Vegan Mushroom Stew
- 1 lb of mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pot and stir. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the mushrooms have released their liquid and begin to brown.
- Add the vegetable broth, soy sauce, tomato paste, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the stew comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water. Add this mixture to the stew and stir well.
- Continue to cook the stew for another 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve the stew hot with your favorite bread or over rice.
Enjoy your vegan mushroom stew!