THE ULTIMATE SHRIMP DEVILED EGGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 35 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
If you’re looking for a low carb deviled egg recipe boasting an extra-special flavor, this one is sure to tantalize your tastebuds. The classic deviled egg recipe is jazzed up with Cajun spice and shrimp for a really delicious snack or appetizer dish.
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 20 peeled, deveined medium size shrimp
- ¼ teaspoon white sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 finely sliced jalapeno
- Lemon slices and fresh chives, for garnish
- Put the eggs in a large pan and pour in water to cover them by an inch.
- Bring the water to a boil then take the pan off the heat, cover and let it stand for about 12 minutes.
- Drain the water off and run cold water over the eggs, adding a few ice cubes to make them cool down quicker.
- Peel the eggs and halve them lengthwise.
- Put the yolks in a measuring cup then mash them with the mayonnaise, hot sauce, mustard, sugar (if using), and 1 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning, using a fork.
- Chill the yolk mixture.
- Use the remaining tablespoon of Cajun seasoning to season the shrimp.
- Pan fry them in hot oil in a skillet for a couple of minutes per side.
- Pipe (or spoon) the filling mixture into the egg whites.
- Add a shrimp on top of each along with a jalapeno slice.
- Garnish with lemon and chives.
- Serve right away or chill for a couple of hours and then serve.
Variations and Substitutions:
Add some diced chilies to the filling mixture for a spicier result, or omit the sugar from the recipe if you don’t want that touch of sweetness.
Yield10Serving Size1Amount Per ServingCalories176Total Fat16gSaturated Fat3gTrans Fat0gUnsaturated Fat12gCholesterol192mgSodium295mgCarbohydrates2gFiber0gSugar1gProtein7gNUTRITION INFORMATION