FOR THE CHICKPEAS
1½ cups chickpeas, cooked
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
2 medium cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
3 tbsp blackstrap molasses
1½ tbsp runny tahini
1½ tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp avocado oil
⅓ cup water
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp cayenne
1 tsp sea salt
Chopped flat leaf parsley and scallions to top
1. Heat up the oil then add the onion and cook 3 mins, until lightly golden at the edges.
2. Add the pepper, garlic and ginger and cook 2 more mins, stirring every now and then.
3. Add the chickpeas and cook 4-5 mins to crisp them up then add the spices and salt and cook 30 secs.
4. Stir in the molasses, water and tahini and stir until the sauce ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Let the sauce bubble 5-7 mins or until nice and sticky but still slightly runny. Remove from heat, add the lemon juice and serve topped with parsley and scallions.