Slimming World Carrot Muffins is a low-fat and low-calorie recipe for making healthy muffins. The recipe is based on the Slimming World diet plan which emphasizes low-fat, low-sugar, and low-calorie foods.
The muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
The recipe can be modified by adding raisins, chopped nuts, or other dried fruits.
The sweetener used in the recipe can be adjusted to taste.
Fat-free natural yogurt can be substituted with low-fat Greek yogurt.
- PREP TIME: 10 mins
- COOK TIME: 20 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
- 1 Syn per serving
- 200g carrot
- 100g self-raising flour
- 100g rolled oats
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 4 tbsp sweetener
- 2 tbsp fat-free natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- Chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan)/350°F/gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl, mix together the carrot, self-raising flour, rolled oats, eggs, mixed spice, and sweetener.
- Stir in the yogurt and apple sauce until evenly mixed.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 12 muffin cases, filling each case two-thirds full.Sprinkle some chocolate drops on top of each muffin
- Bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes, or until risen and golden. Serve warm or cold.
- Enjoy your low calorie, healthy carrot muffins!