This Skinny Creamy Broccoli Salad is packed with broccoli, bacon, red onions, sunflower seeds and tossed together with a creamy ranch dressing!! The combination of all the flavors makes this Broccoli Salad irresistible!
- 2 heads of broccoli, or about 5 cups, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 slices center cut bacon or Hormel precooked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded or cubed ( I use Velveeta Shreds)
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup dry and roasted sunflower seeds
- handful of craisins, optional
- 1/2 ( .5 oz.) dry ranch dressing packet
- 1/2 cup Kraft light mayo
- 1 cup non fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond or skim milk
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- pinch of sugar sweetener ( I use Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener)
- In a large mixing bowl combine broccoli pieces, red onion, sunflower seeds and cheese.
- Meanwhile make the dressing: In a small bow combine, mayonnaise, vinegar, dry ranch mix, salt, sweetener, unsweetened almond or skim milk, and yogurt. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour dressing over broccoli salad mix. Toss until all ingredients are well combined.
- Sprinkle the salad with cooked bacon crumbles. Toss just before serving.
- Garnish with handful of craisins, if desired for addtional points.
- Store in an airtight container the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Makes 7 ( 1 cup) servings
3 Points® per serving
Smartpoints: Green, Blue, and Purple: 4 SmartPoints per serving
White onion rather than red onion
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 177TOTAL FAT: 13gSATURATED FAT: 3gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 0gCHOLESTEROL: 26mgSODIUM: 342mgCARBOHYDRATES: 6gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 5gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 3gPROTEIN: 10g