Whilst you could happily enjoy this Low Syn Sticky Gingerbread Traybake at any time of year, it goes without saying that it has a distinctly Christmas-y vibe to it. Gingerbread is a festive staple and I love that I can still enjoy holiday treats without adding to the inevitable sense of holiday guilt that hits me post-Christmas
This Low Syn Sticky Gingerbread Traybake is not only filled with tasty Christmas flavours, but it’s also made with real ingredients! It doesn’t need 12 whisked egg whites to rise…it’s a proper cake that has simply been carefully created to help you stick to your Slimming World plan because guess what… It works out at ONE SYN PER SLICE!
- Prep Time 5 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins
- Total Time 20 mins
- 2tbsp Golden Syrup – 5 syns
- 1tbsp Black Treacle – 2 syns
- 75g Self Raising Flour – 12 syns
- 3x Eggs
- 3tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2tsp Ground Cloves
- 1tsp Baking Soda – 1/2 syn
- 1tbsp Sunflower Oil – 6 syns
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Spray a 12 inch baking tray with low calorie cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder and spices.
- Add the golden syrup, treacle, eggs and oil and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into your baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when poked through the middle of the cake.
- Cool completely, slice and serve with a dusting of icing sugar if desired.
Full cake = 26 syns Serves 24 – 1.08 syns per slice. Syn values correct at time of serving. It is always best to check syns for the ingredients you are using at the time. Please do not screenshot this recipe, syn values are changing all the time so recipes are updated regularly.
Amount Per Serving
- FAT: 15 g
- CARBS: 63
- PROTEIN: 8 g