This Low Point Granola has all the flavor without all the high calories or points. This low point granola recipe is the perfect base recipe for a delicious cereal, snack or even as a topping to your favorite yogurt parfait.
- 4 cups old-fashioned or quick cooking oats ( I use Trader Joe’s organic old-fashioned oats)
- 5 Tbsp sliced or silvered almonds
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp Better’n Peanut Butter Peanut Butter, American Dream Nut Butters or Land o’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp sugar free syrup ( I recommend Mrs. Butterworth’s sugar free syrup)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar substitute ( I use Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener)
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine, oats, brown sugar substitute, almonds or nuts of your choice, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- In a small, separate bowl, melt the peanut butter or light butter in the microwave for 30 seconds then add honey, sugar free syrup, and vanilla together. Whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand beater, beat the egg white until it becomes foamy.
- Pour the egg white into the peanut butter mixture. Whisk until well combined. Drizzle mixture over the oat mixture. Stir until all the oats have been well combined.
- Pour the granola mixture on the prepared baking sheet.
- Using a spatula spread it out in an even layer.
- Using the spatula pack it gently down.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Let it cool before breaking into clumps.
- Serve as a cereal, snack, on top of your favorite dessert or on top of yogurt.
Makes 24 ( 1/4 cup ) servings
2 Points® per serving
- This low point granola can last up to 2 weeks when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.