An easy keto breakfast you can meal prep in minutes with just three ingredients – egg, ham and cheese! Keto egg cups are kid approved and a perfect egg muffin replacement.
How to make egg cups?
With only three ingredients, keto egg cups are one of the simplest low carb breakfast recipes you can make.
- Simply lay down half slices of ham into the cavities a greased muffin tin.
- Then top with shredded cheese.
- Crack an egg into each cavity.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake for 10-15 minutes!
- Wait, stop here
- This keto recipe is focused on the convenience of making a simple breakfast, literally there are only 3 ingredients, but that doesn’t mean you cannot take this recipe and use it as a foundation for something more.
- Furthermore, I have found success on the keto diet comes from variations, experimenting and trial and error.
- Other variations or items you could add:
- Bacon – either replace the ham or crumble it, just make sure you cook it first
- Cheese – really lots of cheeses will work, you’re the boss and have fun with it
- Ground sausage – similar to using a keto bacon above, taking sausage and adding it would add some alternative flavors and textures
- Low carb vegetables – what about bell pepper, onion or spinach?
- Prosciutto – not always a breakfast meat, but could be an alternative to ham
- Seasonings – obviously salt and pepper, but garlic powder could do be interesting
- Let me know in the comments section at the bottom if you try any of these variations and if you have a new favorite!
Keto Ham And Egg Cups Ingredients
- 16 eggs
- 8 slices deli sliced ham
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Keto Egg Cups Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
Add the ham
Cut each slice of deli ham in half to create 16 ham slices and lay each half into the cavities of the muffin pans.
Add the cheese
Evenly sprinkle shredded cheese on top of each slice of deli ham.
Add the eggs
Crack an egg into each cavity. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until egg is set.
Keto Egg Cups
|Amount Per Serving|