Keto Broccoli Cheddar Bites in a crispy grain-free crust. These delicious little cheese bites are a perfect keto appetizer for game day. Or any day!
Broccoli Cheese Balls
- (about 6 ounces) 1 ½ cups frozen broccoli thawed and drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 6 ounces cheddar grated
- 3 cloves garlic minced/pressed
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 ½ cups pork rind crumbs
- 3 to 4 cups oil for frying
- Take a bowl(large) and chop the broccoli finely and put it in the bowl. Add the pepper, cheddar, garlic, pepper flakes, salt, and cream cheese. Until it gets well combined, mash with a fork.
- Into balls no bigger than 1 inch, roll the mixture, and place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet(or tray). You should get about Thirty balls. Freeze Three to Four hours.
- In a shallow dish, spread the coconut flour. Whisk the cream and eggs together in a bowl(medium). In another bowl(medium), spread the pork rinds.
- Add the oil to a deep heavy duty saucepan(4 quart) once frozen and bring up to 350F. Keep the temperature between 330F and 350F. (while the filling doesn’t thaw, any hotter means that the outside of the bites cooks too quickly).
- For a light coating, roll each ball in the coconut flour, then dip in the egg and ransack in the pork rind crumbs.
- To the hot oil, add Four to Six balls and heat about Three minutes, until it gets golden brown.
- On a paper towel lined plate, remove with a slotted spoon to drain. Repeat with remaining balls.
(don’t serve hot of they will burn your mouth with melty cheese!), serve room temperature.
Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*