Instant Pot Creamy Mushroom Pasta
A simple, quick and luxurious pasta dish full of scruptious mushrooms coated in flavorful creamy sauce. It is pasta lover’s dream dish for gourmet dining at home.
PREP TIME5minutes mins
COOK TIME15minutes mins
TOTAL TIME20minutes mins
SERVINGS 6 cups
- ▢1 8oz. uncooked pasta I used gluten free penne
- ▢1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ▢1 tablespoon vegan butter
- ▢7 ounces mushrooms I used cremini mushrooms sliced thin
- ▢3 cloves garlic minced
- ▢⅓ cup dry white wine
- ▢½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning Mix
- ▢1 teaspoon rice flour
- ▢½ teaspoon Dejon Mustard
- ▢⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ▢1 cup coconut cream or evaporated milk, whipping cream or sour cream
- ▢Salt & pepper to taste
- ▢Fresh thyme or basil chopped
- ▢Red chili flakes
- ▢Freshly ground black pepper
- ▢Nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, boil salted pot of water for the pasta and cook it al dente according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add the oil and butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic to the pan and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until the mushrooms release most of their water and it’s cooked off.
- Add the wine, Italian seasoning, rice flour, and Dijon mustard to the pan. Stir until it becomes a smooth paste. Stir in the cream and nutmeg. Reduce the heat and cook for a few more minutes until the sauce has thickened up a bit. Season sauce with salt & pepper as needed.
- Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce. Garnish with fresh chopped herbs, crushed red chili flakes and black pepper and nutritional yeast (or parmesan if using) and serve. Bon Appetite!
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS
- Start the Instant Pot on SAUTE mode and add butter and oil. Once oil is heated, add mushrooms and garlic. Sprinkle pinch of salt and let them cook until mushrooms start to release the water. (3-5 minutes)
- Once mushrooms have browned, cancel SAUTE. Remove cooked mushrooms and set them aside.
- Add water and deglaze the pot by scrapping the bits stuck at the bottom. Make sure nothing is stuck at the base. Add pasta, enoughwater to cover the pasta (about 2 cups..do NOT push the pasta down under water)
- Add the wine, Italian seasoning, rice flour, and Dijon mustard to the pan. Stir until it all mixes well. Close the lid. Valve at SEALING.
- Check the cooking time mentioned on the pasta box. Now press MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK and choose half of cooking time suggested on the box. (usually 4-5 minutes)
- Once Instantpot finishes cooking and goes to KEEP WARM timer, wait for 7 minutes and then release the leftover pressure by moving the valve from SEALING to VENTING. After the silver pin drops, open the lid.
- Stir in sautéed mushrooms, cream and nutmeg. Add salt and pepper. Gently mix everything well together. Garnish with fresh chopped herbs, crushed red chili flakes and black pepper and nutritional yeast (or parmesan if using) and serve. Bon Appetite
This recipe is vegan and gluten free and easy to switch to your dietary preferences.
Make it guilt free- Most recipes for creamy pasta include use of heavy whipping cream which is very high in calories. You can reduce the fat and calorie count by using evaporated milk. You get the same thick creamy taste and texture sans the empty calories.
You can also use lite or fat free sour cream to make it lighter meal. If you want to avoid wine, add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice instead.
I absolutely love adding a pinch of ground nutmeg to all my creamy dishes. Nutmeg adds an extra element to flavor depth. All you need is ⅛ teaspoon but you will love the lingering flavor.. do try it.
Saving the pasta water. Since sauce thickens quickly, adding ¼ cup carb rich water helps to keep it moist.
Also I like cooking mushrooms in the sauce. They soak up the sauce adding extra richness to every bite.
Serving: 1gCalories: 366kcalCarbohydrates: 58gProtein: 7gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 84mgFiber: 2gSugar: 27g