Experience the deliciousness of these Lightened-Up Ham and Swiss Sliders, perfect for satisfying your sandwich cravings without compromising your wellness goals. These sliders are just as tasty but with a healthier twist!
- 2 packages of sweet Hawaiian rolls (the small dinner roll looking ones), preferably whole grain or lower-calorie option
- 1 1/2 lbs lean Virginia ham (NOT honey ham)
- 12 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup light butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- You will need two 9 x 13 pans. Place the bottoms of the whole grain or lower-calorie rolls in each pan.
- Place a portion of lean Virginia ham (about 2 shaved slices or so) on the rolls.
- Cut the reduced-fat Swiss cheese slices into 4 parts and place 2 small pieces on each sandwich.
- Put the dinner roll tops on.
- In a saucepan, melt the light butter, then mix in Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and poppy seeds. Wait until all the butter is melted, then brush the melted mixture over the ham sandwiches.
- Cover with foil and let sit in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight. (If you want to bake them right away, you can also.)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve. They are great hot and even at room temperature. Enjoy!
Weight Watchers Note:
- Choose whole grain or lower-calorie rolls to reduce SmartPoints.
- Opt for lean Virginia ham for a lower-fat alternative.
- Use reduced-fat Swiss cheese to cut down on SmartPoints.
- Adjust butter quantity for a lighter touch.
Nutrition (per slider):
- Calories: 120
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 11g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 10g
Indulge in these Lightened-Up Ham and Swiss Sliders guilt-free while keeping your Weight Watchers journey on track!