These frozen chocolate covered peanut butter banana bites are the perfect snack, treat, or dessert! These banana bites are quick and easy to make and requires only 4 ingredients!!
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 5 Tbsp peanut butter- I like to use Better n’ Peanut or you may use 5 Tbsp of powdered peanut butter such as: PBFit mixed with 3 Tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup or 64 grams no sugar added chocolate chips- I like to use ChocZero no added sugar milk chocolate chips
- Kosher salt, course
- Peel and slice bananas into 1/4 inch thick slices-making 15 slices per banana.
- Line a platter or small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter on a banana slice and top with another banana slice to make a little banana peanut butter sandwich. Continue until all slices are made.
- Place banana bites on two parchment lined platters or plates and place in the freezer for an 1 hour.
Remove from freezer. Melt no sugar added chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 60 seconds, stir and continue to microwave in additional 30 second increments until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip each frozen banana bite into the melted chocolate so that half of each bite is coated. Sprinkle a little kosher salt on top of bites, if desired.
- Place chocolate covered bites back on the parchment lined plates. Place back in freezer to harden.
- Place in freezer for about 15 minutes to allow chocolate to harden.
- Store leftover bites in a air tight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. When ready to eat, take them out the freezer and let them thaw for about 5 minutes before eating.
Makes 30 banana bites / 6 ( 5 bites) per serving
3 Points® per serving (5 banana bites)