Cucumber avocado salad
- 2 cups avocado diced
- 2 cups cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- few mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 1
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 green chilies minced
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Pick a ripe avocado, cut into half and remove the pit. Dice it into cubes. Next rinse a large cucumber and slice into thick circles or dice it into cubes. You will need 2 cups chopped avocados and 3 cups sliced cucumbers.
- Combine the ingredients for dressing a small bowl.
- Finely chop 1 small onion. You can use red onion or white onion or even green onion. Also keep 1/4 cup slivered almonds ready. I have used raw almonds but you can also use blanched almonds.
- Combine cucumbers, avocadoes, onions in a large salad bowl. Add the dressing and mix well. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed. Toss well. Divide the cucumber avocado c salad among three serving bowls. Add slivered almonds and serve immediately.
- You can leave out olive oil in the dressing to make oil free salad.
- You can double the recipe.
- Serving: 3 servings Calories: 334 kcal Carbohydrates: 20g Protein: 5g Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 4g Sodium: 110mg Potassium: 690mg Fiber: 10g Sugar: 8g Vitamin A: 228IU Vitamin C: 17mg Calcium: 52mg Iron: 1mg