- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (or a sugar substitute for fewer points)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (or a sugar substitute for fewer points)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
WW 28 DAY FREESTYLE CHALLENGE WITH GREEN BLUE PURPLE POINTS (19 FREE BONUS BOOKS 2023 OFFER)
JOIN NOW & GET LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set this dry ingredient mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer or by hand, cream together the softened butter, applesauce, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the sugar-butter mixture and continue to mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. You can use a cookie scoop to make uniform-sized cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown, and the centers are set.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, you can enjoy these Weight Watchers-friendly chocolate chip cookies. The SmartPoints value is estimated to be approximately 6 points per cookie, but it’s essential to calculate based on your specific ingredients and serving size.