One of my favourite pub lunches to have is some kind of tuna panini or tuna toasties. When eating out there is usually loads of cheese in it and the tuna mayo will of course be made with full fat mayo, meaning it is definitely not a healthy choice.
When following a diet plan it is always the weekends, or time off, that are more difficult than the rest of the time. This is why I find it important to have some kind of Fakeaway food, so that I don’t feel deprived and fall off diet plan.
- Prep Time 5 mins
- Cook Time 5 mins
- Total Time 10 mins
- 2 slices 400g wholemeal bread
- 40g extra light cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tin tuna in brine
- 1/2 tin sweetcorn
- 1 tablespoon fat free fromage frais
- pinch salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- low calorie cooking spray
- In a bowl, mix together the tuna, sweetcorn, fromage frais, mustard powder, salt and pepper.
- Spray 1 side of each slice of bread with the low calorie cooking spray, then turn them over.
- Grate the cheese
- Add the tuna mix to one of the slices of bread, then top with the cheese.
- Place the other slice of bread on top, cooking spray side up.
- Place the toastie in a heating frying pan, spray with more low calorie cooking spray if needed.
- Use a spatula to press the toastie down, but not too hard to press the filling out.
- Cook for 2 mins on one side, then use a spatula to flip it over.
- Put a tin of beans on the cooked side of the toastie to press it down. This helps to melt the cheese.
- Flip again and cook until the bread is golden on each side and the cheese has melted.