Weight Watchers Recipes
Buttery Soft Baked Dijon Mustard Salmon Recipe
- Makes 4 servings
For the salmon:
1 3/4 lb wild salmon, cut into 4 pieces
3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbs. plain greek yogurt
2 Tbs. whole grain dijon mustard
2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
For the sides:
2 Tbs. light olive oil
1 small spaghetti squash
2 cups spinach, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Poke holes on the surface of the spaghetti squash. Place it in a casserole dish and put it in a microwave for 5 minutes to soften the skin.
- Cut the ends of the spaghetti squash and then in half long ways. If it’s too hot use an oven mitt or towel. Remove seeds. Pour water up to 1-inch into the casserole dish. Put one half, cut-side down, into the dish. Microwave for 5 minutes. Repeat with the second half.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, drizzle some olive oil and place the salmon skin-side down.
- Mix the yogurt, dijon mustard, and lemon juice together. Spread evenly on each piece of salmon. Bake for 25 minutes.
- When the spaghetti squash is done being microwaved, put the halves into a bowl and let it cool down to the touch. Take a fork and scrape the strands out.
- In a large saute pan on medium heat, pour in light olive oil. When oil shimmers, put the spinach in and stir until wilted.
- To serve, make a bed of spaghetti squash, salt and pepper, and spinach. Take a spatula and carefully lift the salmon off the skin and top off the dish.