These crispy chips are a healthier snack option without feeling guilty. All you need are potatoes, olive oil, and salt to make these air fryer chips.
PREP TIME10minutes mins
COOK TIME10minutes mins
SOAKING TIME30minutes mins
TOTAL TIME50minutes mins
- Air Fryer
- Mandolin Slicer or Sharp Knife
- 4 large Russet Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash the potatoes and pat dry.
- Use a mandolin slicer, or sharp knife and slice the potatoes into ⅛ inch slices.
- Place the potato slices in a medium bowl of water. Let them soak for at least 30 minutes. The water will get cloudy as they soak.
- After they have soaked, drain potatoes and rinse them again in cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Toss the potato slices in the olive oil, and season with salt. Working in batches, place the slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 380 degrees F. Cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the cut. Shake the basket halfway through cook time. Cook the chips until they begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove the chips and place them on a sheet of paper towels until they cool. Garnish with fresh parsley flakes or season with salt to taste.
- For even crispier chips, soak the potatoes in water bath or water with ice twice to remove as much of the natural starch as possible.
- They will become more firm as they cool, in about 3-5 minutes.
- For additional seasoning, you can add onion powder, garlic powder, barbecue seasoning, ranch seasoning, vinegar powder, chili powder, or just black pepper and salt.
- To avoid soggy potato chips, or burned chips, try to have them sliced as evenly as possible. Watch the cooking time the first time you make this recipe.
- Keep the potato chips in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
Calories: 322kcalCarbohydrates: 67gProtein: 8gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 600mgPotassium: 1539mgFiber: 5gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 4IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 48mgIron: 3mg