Bananas are rich in sleep-promoting nutrients like tryptophan, magnesium, vitamin B6, and potassium, all of which can improve the quality of your sleep. Enjoy the taste of the banana and the coconut in a delicious bread toasted or just on its own.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (or a sugar substitute to reduce WW points)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5-inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, applesauce, sugar (or sugar substitute), egg, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the shredded coconut and chopped walnuts (if using).
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the banana coconut bread to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely
The points can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes, but it’s 4 WW points per serving when the loaf is cut into 10 slices.